1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 810 still relibale?????/

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ricothunder, Oct 11, 2010.

1. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

wondeing what you guys thing just took on some big contracts this year for the first time in 2 years. i used the plow 3 times last year. wondeing if it will get me through another season or is its life time up its a 99 ..810
  2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

In my opinion it depends how it was maintained. I'd definitely replace fluids, hoses, cutting edges, and clean up all electrical connections.
  3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

If the plow is in good shape and has had good maintenance, it should be fine. I've seen old plows in good shape, I've seen much newer plows in terrible shape. Condition is everything.
  4. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

No if I were you i would just give me that plow.:laughing: I would happily take that plow.:bluebounc As the others have said depends on condition. But in my opinion even with some minor probs definitly worth a rehab. That plow should have plenty of life left. You said was hardly used last year, how was it then? I'm sure many here would love that plow as early Blizzards are sought after more so than the newer.

Bob :D :D
  5. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

the plow just needs a paint i have changed most of the valves and silonides in the past 2 years all hoses i have just done to start this season and besides my truck siting out of level a hair that makes the cutting edge wear on an angle the plow is mint

all i can find for a cutting edge is hardend steal a new cuting edge from the dealer is 1000 +

so in my mind plow is 85% but just wanted to see what you guys thought \

and every thing is for sale for the right price i will post pics of my truck and plow in the next few weeks