1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99 350 light issues

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mjredfordtrks1, Dec 13, 2008.

1. mjredfordtrks1

mjredfordtrks1 Junior Member

I have day time running lights and when i switch up to headlights-no headlights.All parking and tail lights work,high beams work if I pull back on lever.I believe it is multi function switch in steering column.Anyone know how hard to replace switch in column...Thank you
  2. Mathe

Mathe Junior Member

Is this a plow truck? Do you have a switch to select truck headlights or plow frame lights?
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I looked it up when I first bought my 99. If I remember right it's not real hard. At least you don't have to pull the steering wheel off .
  4. mjredfordtrks1

It is a plow truck.I have the fisher MM1 so the lights switch automatically when cables plugged in.Iam pretty positive it has nothing to do with the plow lights .Iam sure it is the multi function switch.Could wiggle it and get to come on.Any tips for getting off plastic parts on column..
  5. tim096

tim096 Senior Member
    from wny

The multi function switch is easy to change.you need a phillips torks and long nail or pointed screw driver. set the ign. to run in the lower cover their is a small hole stick the long nail to push the lease botton pull the ign switch out. remove the phillips screws tilt rod if equiped pulls covers off unbolt to torxs screws that hold the switch unplug 2 wire connectors replace. you should be able to do the whole job in less than 1 hour. If your good it wont take more than 15 min. getting the ign switch out will give you the most grief if you have never removed one. when you get the feel for it. it will only take 10sec to remove . hope this helps Tim
  6. mjredfordtrks1

Wow Thank You very much .I Think I can handle that.I dont have the part yet but I wanted all the tips I could get before i attempt it.