1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"99 2500 Why no trans temp gauge?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bison1973, Oct 24, 2006.

1. bison1973

bison1973 Member

I bought a used '99 Chevy 2500. Have the original window sticker. It says the truck has the HD auto transmission and plow prep and 4.10 rear. I was wondering why the dash does not have the trans temp gauge? I've been in many other 2500's of this type and all I' ve seen have a trans temp gauge. Even the original owners manual says if you have the HD trans you'll have the gauge. Just something I'm curious about. Any info from you guys is appreciated.

Tim

2. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Maybe someone changed the speedo cluster???

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

New body style or old? OBS does nto have the temp gauge IIRC, my 2000 2500 nbs does.

4. bison1973

bison1973 Member

It's the new body style.

5. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I'm dumb but this is just a thought...........maybe it doesn't have the tow package so therefore there is no tranny temp gauge?:confused:

6. bison1973

bison1973 Member

According to the original window sticker it does not have the tow package. But what is included in the tow package anyway? It already has the HD trans and plow prep and 4.10 rear.

Tim

7. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

If I remember correctly, the tow package consists of the receiver, 7 prong trailer plug in, along with the hd transmission, tow/haul mode, and I'm sure there's one or two things I'm forgetting.