1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99-12 Ford Super Duty Backrack and toolbox

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by metallihockey88, Oct 23, 2012.

1. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

im posting this for my buddy that had to sell his truck due to starting a family. he wants to get rid of this stuff as another truck doesnt look to be in the near future. This backrack comes with the toolbox mounts but i also have the regular brackets if you would like. it comes with the mounting hardware. it also will come with the rotator on top as well as the reverse lights that are mounted on it. it is in great shape and was only on the truck for 1 winter. i would like to get $250 for the backrack as it sits with all the lights on it. the toolbox is also 1 year old and will come with cb whip mounts on it. it is chrome and in great shape. suprisingly heavy duty for a lowes toolbox. i would like $150 for the toolbox. would do a package deal for the rack and box for $350. items are located in skokie, il which is just north of the city of chicago. feel free to pm me or text/call with any questions or offers. 847-204-6196 Erik

backrack 1.jpg

backrack 2.jpg

toolbox 1.jpg

toolbox 2.jpg

2. goodlivin33

goodlivin33 Senior Member

Can I ask what is the purpose for the back rack I know I like the look and all. Is it for safety ie roll factor besides a deer coming through the back or strapping ladders to it?

3. metallihockey88

Many uses. To protect rear window, mount lighting on, i used to rest ladders on mine over the cab, tie things in bed to it and as you said it looks sweet lol

4. goodlivin33

goodlivin33 Senior Member

How much are they new if you would like to get 250 for it?

5. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

how wide is the box?

6. metallihockey88

They are about $300 with toolbox brackets plus theres about $200 in lights and light brackets.

7. metallihockey88

Not really sure. Kobalts site doesnt say. Know its either 70 ir 72 wide as its for a full size truck. Can check exact width if you need. Let me know