1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99"=103"???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BobC, Nov 25, 2006.

1. BobC

BobC Senior Member

Curious. I originally bought a 9'2' RTIII power V 3 yrs ago to stay within the 102" width limit. Boss specs it to be 99" in V position. I have measured mine several times across the back of blade @ cutting edge and come up with 103" and that is without any curb guards installed and the regular angle cylinders. Love the plow but if I had known it would be over 102" would have went for 10 footer. Was just wondering if others measured over width?

2. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I'll check ours out this afternoon and get back to you on it. We have the 9.2 with the curb guards on it.

3. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

That sucks. And you know darn well they will still ticket you for being over 1 inch. Maybe print out the spec sheet on the plow just in case? You never know if you get pulled over. Might at least let you off with a warning.

Then again, if they did advertise the wrong spec, I would complain to Boss. Maybe a free uplift. :)

Chris