1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99-04 Ford Super Duty, 05-07 Ford Super duty?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by odd1or2even, Dec 13, 2010.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

I've heard that Ford changed the mounts (99-04) from (05-07). Sometimes when I see the frames online on eBay I see them advertised from 99-04, then from 05-07 but on the Boss web page they have the mount from 99-07.

I've heard from people themselves that the mount didn't fit the newer years and I'm purchasing a 2006 f250 and want to make sure that the mount will fit as it says it should. Any one have this same concern? I don't want to purchase a frame mount, that obviously won't fit up when they say it does... Thanks

Steve

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There were revisions done on the mounts as the trucks updated over the years. There's a 99-04 mount (LTA03654), an 05-07 mount (LTA03654B), and then the current mount that fits all 99-07 (LTA03654C). So basically when dealing with used mounts there's three different ones but only two will fit the respective model year.

3. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

How do you know which one is which if they are used now? Thanks

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Use the part numbers B&B gave you, go to my website www.snowayparts.com and click on the Boss link in the lower right corner. That will take you straight to the technical library. search for the PDF of the different mounts and compare them to the used one you are considering, or buy a new mount.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just looking on Boss's site they only show the most currently revised mount, neither of the previous ones are shown since they've being superseded. The difference is only in the rear thruster arms but you have to know what you're looking for to know which ones are correct for your application. However, if you end up with the wrong thrust arms they can be modified to work with some fabrication skill so if you have that or have access to it all is not lost.

6. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

99-04 Ford Used Leaf Springs Up Front, 05-07 Changed to Coils, This changed where mount supports could go improving the strength of the newer mounts.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Or you could take pictures of the possible mount and post them for knowledgeable eyes to peruse.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Certainly would if I had one of the first designs and a B, which I currently do not have either of. Although I can envision them in my head so perhaps I'll try ESP. :D

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Well that is a thought. However; I must have been too vague, I was referring to the OP posting pictures, if he finds a mount HE could post pictures for review.:D

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Or I could simply sell him one that will bolt right on. :D

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

But that ttakes all the fun out of it. It's the search, the quest, the hunt, that makes it fun. Anybody can get a knowledgeable dealer to just send them the right parts, but where is the sport in that?:;)

12. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

My plow is 1 year old. That Would make it the latest generation of mounts, Correct?

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That would solely depend on if your dealer was using current or old stock so it couldn't really be given as a yes or no answer unless you have the receipt for the mount.