1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

99-02 nbs chevy 1500 pics needed

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MattsMowingOH4, Feb 1, 2013.

1. MattsMowingOH4

MattsMowingOH4 Member

I am looking to upgrade from a meyer on on of my trucks, but i have seen a couple trucks that have the lights way up past the hood(one thing i like about my meyer). Also I would like to see how much of the lower valence needs notched out. So If anyone has pictures and can help I would appreciate it!

2. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

I dont have pics right now, but on my 02 it was simple. I held the mount up, marked the area to be notched on the plastic, then took a cutoff wheel and cut maybe a inch up and 1/2 wide on each side. could possibly just mount it up and just have it bend the plastic, but it would be all bubbled out

3. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

[​IMG]

was a bit more than i remembered
    You can also see where i used a hole saw to get at the bolt better

[​IMG]

4. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

For that matter, could use a heat gun to soften the plastic and torch the mount until it's hot...mount would melt right through the plastic and make a perfect shape in it.

5. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

That's a good ideaThumbs Up

6. MattsMowingOH4

MattsMowingOH4 Member

Thats perfect thanks for the pictures!
    Do you have a cab view to show how high the lights are up past the hood?