1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

98 Z71 good Plow Truck??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KDOG, Aug 18, 2002.

1. KDOG

KDOG Junior Member

Ok guys I need some quick responses. I found a 1998 Chevy 1500 Extended Cab Short Bed Z71 4X4 V8 5.7L Auto Trans with 60,000 miles for $17,000 at my local Chevy dealer. 1. would this make a good primary plow truck? (this is my first year plowing). 2. Would this model easily accept most plows? Thanks for any info you could give me.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2002
  2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Nice truck. I have a 1992 Chevy 1500 4x4 regular cab shortbed 350 motor auto trans with 7 1/2ft Western uni mount pro plow. It does a great job plowing, it has been in our family since new and never gave us any problems, just normal wear and tear stuff and pushes snow great! Some guys here will tell you to only get 3/4 ton or bigger if you intend to plow, which is fine, but my truck does great. So the truck you are looking at and mine are basically the same, except year and small changes, but you can throw on a 7 1/2 ft plow and be on your way. Let us know how you make out, Mike

3. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

K dog.........Thats a lot for a 98. My buddy just got
    a 99 x-cab Z71 4x4 for 14k. New body style..
    It has 70k miles and
    was owned by a older guy who took it to Fla.
    every winter. Not a scratch or rip on it.
    Colored cap on it too ! Shop some more !
    Used 4x4 prices are down cuz its summer.
    A 7 1/2 ft western will work fine on
    either truck !
    Good luck and welcome to plow site......Geo

Last edited: Aug 19, 2002
  4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

K DOG...Go over to www.edmunds.com
    To the smart shopper thread then to real
    world trade in values thread.
    All the auction and dealer guys can tell ya
    what the truck is really worth....FREE too !
    Terry,bill and the guys can fix ya up !......geo

5. BATTLIN_BLAZES

BATTLIN_BLAZES Member

im with geo... the truck should work fine but the price sounds a little high to me....i was thinking 12-13k for that truck.....good luck!!