1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

98 Z71 and curtis plows

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by clip5135, Sep 22, 2005.

1. clip5135

clip5135 Junior Member

I have a 98 Z71 1/2 ton with 100k miles and I'm looking at putting a 7.5 foot curtis plow on it. The plow weight is 700 pounds is this to much weight for it will adjusting the torsion bars help much.Second I don't see much info.about curtis plows on the site is there market share to small or are they not good units thanks for any help

2. K1500

K1500 Junior Member

I have a 93 1/2 ton with a 7 1/2 Western Ultra mount. Just timbrens on the front and 300lbs in the back. I have not touched the torsion bars.

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Curtis has been making plows for awhile now. They still need to get more dealer's. I had one on my 2001 Chevy and was very happy with it. I just bought a new truck and hung a Boss 8'6'' Straight blade on it. The reason I did not buy a Curtis again is now one down here in my area is selling them. I would have had to drive 35 miles to the north. The Boss dealer is right around the corner from me.

Good Luck Mike

4. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

I run a 7.5' Curtis on my 02 Silverado half ton. Timbrens and ballast made all the difference in the world. But I only have the plow mounted when I'm actually plowing my half mile dirt road; the rest of the time I drop it. If I kept the plow mounted all the time I would have gone with the lighter Blizzard.

Pete