1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

98 Siverabo Tranny Help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pongow26, Aug 14, 2009.

1. pongow26

pongow26 Senior Member

I have a 98 Chev. Silverado and I think I might be seeing some early warning signs that the tranny is either getting ready to take a crap on me or it just needs to be serviced. It shifts kinnda hard in reverse and when gaining speed between 40 and 50 it seems to jump gears a little but really not that major. No noises or anyother noticable problems. Is this an indication of a tranny going bad or should I just get the filter and fluid changed???

2. rondoo98

rondoo98 Junior Member

pull trans pan change filter and seal see if any metal shavings in pan? and replace tran fluid good place to start

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Is it difficult to get in reverse, or bangs when it goes in?

4. pongow26

pongow26 Senior Member

It goes in reverse no problem and there is no bang. When I shift into reverse it seems to just frop in hard. If i dont have my foot on the brake would cause a small jerk .