1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

98 Silverado Meyers E47 Intermitent Stalling

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by volvo240power, Jan 8, 2011.

1. volvo240power

volvo240power Junior Member
    from 06001

So I have a 98 Silverado and every now and then is stalls and it won't start up again. At first I thought it was the fuel pump or power getting to the fuel pump but it is intermitent so I'm not sure now. When I bought the truck from the previous owner, the day I picked it up they said they had to replace the plow pump solenoid. I didn't think to ask why. Could this solenoid be going out again and could this be related to the truck stalling and not starting up? I have some problems with the plow not angling but I'm due to check the pump fluid. My main concern is the truck dieing and not wanting to start every now and then. When it does, I can tell there's no buzzing at the fuel pump and most mechanics I've talked to have doubted the fuel pump is bad because minutes later, the buzzing is there again and it starts. I need some advice on this. Please help.

2. acornish

acornish Senior Member

sounds like a bad/ loose ground, i would start with the ground at battery and work back from there

3. heavychevy01

heavychevy01 Member

Fuel pump relay sticking? Try swapping that out first as a quick cheap fix.

4. volvo240power

volvo240power Junior Member
    from 06001

I tried the relay thing already. Last night when I was plowing it would stall and wouldn't start back up until I lifted the plow toggle switch and then it started. It still sputtered and stalled a couple times after that while plowing.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Poor power or ground connection either at the battery itself, where the ground cable attaches to the engine or where the positive cable attaches to the starter. It's time to go over ALL connections.