1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'98 Laramie SLT 2500- 67k miles.

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by BeastMaster, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Just bought the truck in WV Wed.8/11/10.

Coming from plowing w/ an ATV the last few years....need to get a good USED plow for this truck.

I have a few (like a handful) of residentials and a small lot or two.

What should I look for in a plow, size, brand, WHERE do I look for decent USED plow ?
    Need some help here. Feel free to email direct. I am 40 mi. west of Cincinnati, OH, in S.E. Indiana.

Thanks Fellers,

beastmaster47040@embarqmail.com

018.JPG

2. JerseyGreen

JerseyGreen Junior Member

nice truck, i love that body style dodge. I have been looking for used plow parts too, and i have had good luck with craigslist, alot of good deals. good luck

3. Snowplow 46

Snowplow 46 Junior Member

Nice Truck! I have the same one, but at 165,000 and a lot more beat up. I got my Meyers Plow in 2008 off EBAY from Mark in Sellersville, PA for $1,200 complete setup wiring harness etc. (215) 257-6336. He works at a plow place and sells used plows.

4. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

Ahh yes the good old 2nd gens.

My advice dump that tranny fluid get a big cooler for that sucker. Trannys are weak on these trucks.

As far as plow size 7.5-8ft range will do the trick.

Brands the ones I like are boss snowdogg western or meyers.

And if you need any other help post here or one of the following dodge forums, dodgeforum.com dodgetalk.com ramforum.com.

5. "My advice dump that tranny fluid get a big cooler for that sucker:

You mean CHANGE the tranny fluid about plow time ? Also...you mean a tranny cooler ? About what would I pay for one ? I've seen em, they sit in front of the radiator right ? Feel free to hit me direct. I'm not on here real often. beastmaster47040@embarqmail.com