1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

98 k3500 1 ton 454 with a 8' fisher minite mount

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by z71plowguy, Feb 22, 2008.

1. z71plowguy

z71plowguy Senior Member

i can get a 98 k3500 1 ton 454 with a 8' fisher minite mount 1 for $4500 it dosednt have a dent or scratcch on it and runs and shift great is it worth the money and how are they plowing

2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Thats a good price but it almost sounds too good to be true take it to a reputable shop and have them check it over. and they are awesome for plowing Ive plowed with a 454 and its tough going back to driving my truck w/ a 350.

3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

454s don't like the heat, prone to cracking exhaust manifolds and head gasket failures. Every 454 plow truck I've ever seen has done this. It is however an awesome powerhouse of a motor, torque like a diesel. Just make sure you address the cooling system; flush job, new thermostat, pull radiator and pressure wash it. And watch your gauges. Be great if you take care of it.
    If that truck is a SRW it's fine, but if it's a dually the 8 footer will be too small.
    The plow is worth $2500 by itself. The motor is worth $1500. So you can get a 98 K3500 for $500, and the rest is gravy. I'd go for it.

4. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

I would jump all over that. I paid $8750 for my 98 SRW K3500 with 454 with 94,500 miles on it in Nov. and it was the cheapest one I found. I had to fix or replace a few interior parts and had to have some old bodywork on the roof by the middle three clearence lights fixed so I have about $9700 in it now. Mine doesn't even have a plow on it. Price sounds almost too good to be true. How many miles on it?

Wayne

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

how many miles are on it?