1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

98 GMC 2500HD...whats it worth??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mg1826, Dec 9, 2009.

1. mg1826

mg1826 Member

Hi Guys, what do you think of this truck? http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=91587

It has 185K on it but looks like its in great shape. The plow set up is probably a few years old. He is asking 7,000. KBB has this truck in perfect condition with snow plow at about 5300. Obviously this has a newer fisher MM2 which certainly is worth more money. I'm thinking 5000-6000 range or am I way off?

What problems/issues/concerns should I be aware of with this truck? I'm looking to use this as a plow truck and work truck for my two rental properties. Thanks!

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I would say he has some room to deal.

3. bersh

bersh Senior Member

For the record, even though it's listed as a 2500HD, GM didn't start making the HD version until the next body style.

As far as price, I would agree with the above that he has room to deal on it. It sounds like he is pretty firm on the price, but if you could get it for $5,750-6k I don't think either of you will be getting hosed.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009