1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

98 gmc 1 ton crew cab 4x4, good plow truck?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Ct Pete, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Ct Pete

Ct Pete Junior Member

Very new to plowing. I have an opportunity to buy a 3yr old 8' Diamond MDII plow setup that came off of 04 f-350 for $500 bucks from a friend. I own several propertys that i will be plowing. Will the IFS hold up or should I keep plowing with my 77 cj5 304 6.5 meyers. I really want to use my truck. Its a 1998 454 crew cab, 8' bed, I ton Dually. It will be alot warmer thats for sure

Jeep 77 cj5
    98 gmc 1 ton crew cab Dually 58k 454

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

The IFS will hold plenty well!!! Just check to see on the inside of the glovebox door, on the build sticker, if you have the code VYU on it. That is the plow prep package from GM. If it doesnt, which it may not since it is a 3500 CC, you can still do it. Just throw a set of timbrens in the front and put a little weight in the rear, and you should be all set. Im sure others will chime in with more info. Good luck!!! Oh and BTW, that will be one longggg truck to plow with!!!

3. TEX

TEX Senior Member

holy heck id say no unless your doing large parking lots only. a crew cab is bad enough plus the long bed plus the wide hips. at nite you cant see much out of a crew long duelly