1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

98 ford f250

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by git-r-done, Jan 2, 2007.

1. git-r-done

git-r-done Junior Member
    from n.h.

pros @cons on 98 ford f250 4x4 with fisher plow buying used has 80000 miles best looking @running truck ive ever seen old farmers truck. how are they plowing,I live in n.h.:help:
  2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

thats a funny year is that the light duty one that looks like the f 150 or is it an older body style or a newer one
  3. spittincobra01

spittincobra01 Senior Member

it will do well with the right tires and a little weight in the back. What engine, and what part of NH?
  4. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

I have a 95 250 heavy 3/4 ton and it pulls a 5000lbs trailer like nothing so i figure it will be a beast with the fisher hd thats on it.
  5. git-r-done

git-r-done Junior Member
    from n.h.

its the one that looks like the 150 ,northfield /tilton 5.4
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
  6. winged1dur

winged1dur Senior Member

I have a '99, it will plow very well with good SNOW tires (not mud or all season). Use at least 500lbs. of ballast behind the rear wheels. Because it doesn't have the weight of a Super Duty, good tires and ballast are a must. I have plowed over 30" of powder and 12" of heavy wet snow with my setup on some difficult sloped driveways. Don't let anyone tell you that a 1/2 ton truck can't plow! Go for it!
  7. spittincobra01

spittincobra01 Senior Member

You'll have no problems plowing with the 5.4, it's a reliable motor. I got my german shepherd in Tilton near the northfield line, and my dad had a good friend up there who had his own saw mill for years. It's beautiful up that way!