1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

98 ford expedition 4x4, unimont ?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by malone, Jul 5, 2008.

1. malone

malone Junior Member
    from mass

Hi i have a spare plow unimount off 88 chevy 8ft snow pro, can i get a truck side frame and wire harness to mount to 98 expedition, or is it too heavy a plow, if so i'll be looking to sell or swap my 8ft snow pro blade. thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Theoretically you could get the mount and associated wiring for the Expedition, you just ask for F150 components...but it's a lot of plow to hang on an Expedition. Gonna be over or the FRWR. :nod:

I recently mounted a 7 1/2" Ultramount poly pro on a 2000 Expedition at the owners insistence. With Timbrens and upgraded 4100lb T-bars and 500 of rear ballast it isn't handling the weight too well, and is of course way over on the FAWR.

The 7 1/2" Pro poly would be comparable to your 8' Pro in weight, and not something I'd recommend.