1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

98 F-250 light duty, dual batteries??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by thesnowman269, Nov 26, 2009.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Iv been wanting to put another battery in my truck for some time now but dont have any ideas for where to put it or how to do it. The only place i have room for another battery is in my tool box (thats after i take everything out that i want in there). Anyone have any ideas? the engine compartment is set up the same as an f-150 bcuz its essentially an an f-150 with f-250 suspention

2. VEGGIEPLOW

VEGGIEPLOW Member

replace the stock airbox and assembly with a custom one... maybe you could put the battery on the "tray" the air box sits on.... idk, give it a try!!

3. thesnowman269

the air intake is essentially just a big tube with a filter in it that takes up alot of room then goes into the fender.. no tray or anything

4. thesnowman269

bump... anyone out there done this before??

5. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

just get an optima battery, theres really no need for 2

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try the search function on the line at the top of the page.
    Search : Charging, Duel batteries, Low power etc. There is hours and hours of reading from past posts. Ambulance up fitters place the extra batteries on the right frame rail behind the "Cab area".