1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

98 Dodge Ram wiper question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Kevo98, Sep 20, 2007.

1. The other day I was driving my 98 Ram 2500 in a pretty heavy rain and the wipers just stopped for no reason at all after going only a short distance (less than 1/8 mile and I didn't go through any puddles). I got the truck home and the next day I guessed something had dried out and the wipers worked fine. I washed the truck and the wipers were ok. Before I start replacing anything does anybody have any suggestions what to look for before I spend a fortune replacing parts that need not replacing.
    Thanks, Kev

2. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

make sure the plug on the motor is tight, and the seal around the wirper motor to cowl is good.

is it 2 or 3 speed wiper motor?

i would not jump in an replace anything right away. see if happens again if it does play with the switch go from low to high and back. what can happen is dirt or dust get on the switch and it don't make contact rolling it back and fort a few times clean the dirt off and it work fine. or it get stuck between high and low not making contact with either

3. mrfixx

mrfixx Junior Member

mrfixx

bad ground on the motor..

4. Well, I took out the motor and did a voltage test and was getting solid 12 volt readings so I took your advice and went to the connections figuring dampness was the culprit. They were all coated with gunk so I took everything apart and cleaned them all up and put di-electric grease on all the connections. Put it all back together and ran the hose all over the windshield/cowling area for a good 10 minutes and so far so good. I hope we got it. Thanks for the input.
    Kev