1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'98 Dodge Quad Cab 1500

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mreinke, Dec 13, 2002.

1. mreinke

mreinke Junior Member

Hello everyone. I am a newbie to this forum. I just recently purchased a Blizzard 760ld for my truck. I just want to know if anyone recommends me to do anything special to my truck to accomidate the plowing. I only plan on plowing my driveway, small parking lot at work, and maybe a couple other driveways for family members.

Thanks for any feedback.
    matt

2. firemedic680

firemedic680 Member
    from BG Ohio

I have a 98 reg cab with a 7.5' meyers , no problems to speak of. I was leary of putting the plow on the truck , but i have no regrets now ! Good luck and welcome to the forum!

3. johngus

johngus Senior Member

put in offroad coils #024 and 025aa.Will make a huge improvement with the plow on.My 97 1500 only drops 1/2 inch with plow up.Also made the ride much better with plow off.You can get them in any mopar dealer and area cinch to install.Make sure to put balast in the truck while plowing.

4. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

I would recomend a trans cooler.
    We all know that Dodge has had trans concerns in the past.
    Just a little cheap insurance,
    Mark K

5. procare1

procare1 Junior Member
    from iowa

using snowway

i have been plowing with my 98 for about 3 years and love the way it handles and rides. I have a 7 5 snowway on mine and think that it is the way to go i love the down presure and the way the truck handles the snow.

6. Ben

Ben Member

Up until this year I used a 98 ext cab ram 1500. Plowed great only thing I did was add a set of rancho Mussle LSE to the rear of the truck to handle the weight.