1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

98 dodge part 2

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DareDog, Feb 12, 2010.

1. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

1998 dodge, 2 weeks ago it was -12 in the morring, left it was around 0 (a lot colder with wind chill) heater was on high and all of sunden it stopped blowing out and went to defroster( went to very front near windshsield area) then few mins later went back to blowing out the vents. dose evey fwe mins now idk why? its been doing it passed few weeks now. :confused:

2. Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey Senior Member

Hello check to see if you have a vacuum leak. They are notorius for them it effects the climate control as well as Cruise control. There is a vacuum servo underneath of the battery on the drivers side if its a diesel. Might be in the same place as the gasser. Battery acid drips done and eats it up. also check the vacuum lines on the fire wall you can see them where they come out.

Good Luck,

John

3. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

I had the very same problem,and it was the vacuum line located on the firewall near the tranny dipstick.
    mine was disconnected. All I did was connect it and POOF!! it worked great again. heat wherever i wanted it.
    Hope this solves your problem.