1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

98 Dodge 1500

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by glenspot, Oct 15, 2004.

1. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

OK, guys..... here come my pictures.

With 1 - 3" of snow on the forecast for Saturday, I put my plow on for the winter today. Here come some innagural pictures for year #1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My "fleet" LOL
    [​IMG]

The rear lights are just cheap-o's from walmart. less than $10 each.

(more)

2. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

More...

Plow on ground:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plow raised:

[​IMG]

3. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

more....

[​IMG]

This is what I am going to try for ballast ....

[​IMG]

Its a layer of bricks...with some regular dirt tossed in, to fill the cracks.

The following is with the tailgate down:
    [​IMG]
    (The 2x4 is just to fill space when the tailgate is up)

This is year #1 ... it will be me and my snowblower in the bed.

I don't think tomorrows snow will be plowable, but I thought I would get the plow on before it gets too nasty cold.

Glen

4. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... This weekend like 10/16-10/17/04?

5. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

yeah...THIS weekend

Yeah. They're calling for 1 - 3" for Saturday. That means we'll either get 0, a dusting or 6".....

LOL. They're never right.
    From the wx channel:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  6. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

You have a nice truck there, looks good. I plow when it's an inch or deeper, how many customers do you have, or do you just plow your own driverway?

7. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

You leave your plow on all winter? Thats a long time + alot of stress on the truck. As long as its not snowing every single day, try to give the truck a rest between snowfalls. I only put my plow on when it snows and take it off as soon as iam done.

Nice Looking truck you have there, i see that it barely drops at all with the plow raised, did you do anything to the front end or is it stalk?

Hope you get some snow, but i can say from looking at the pictures that it probley won't stick, has it been consistantly below freezing for a while?

8. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

truck snow, etc

No, I don't think this weekends snow will be permenant....but it will stick. The forecast has now changed to 2 - 6".

This is my first year, so I don't have many customers at all. Right now, I have 3. WOO HOO! LOL But, we'll grow this winter. I'm confident in that.

The front end it beefed up beyong beleif. The stock springs were removed and we put in 1-ton deisel springs. I am very amazed at how little the front moves. It's an 8-foot western unimount.

As to the question of leaving the plow on all winter.... We get between 200-300 inches of snow. (I put some pictures here). So for the most part, people leave their plows on all winter.

In regards to that weather map...it obvouisly is changing every time the wx channel changes it. Sorry about that.

Glen

9. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

Going through a bunch of old pictures (circa 1993 or 1994 maybe) found this picture of my first plow truck.

It was inherited from my dad....I remember it being a Chevy Cheyenne...it must have been a 1979 or a 1980. One thing I remember is that it was a full time 4x4. I never checked to see if that was something standard...but it sure made for tough turning in the summer.

The gas tank had a hole in it...so you could only put $5 of gas in at a time. ($5 bought about 5 gallons of gas in 1993)... and I never kept current plates on it, so I'd sneak into town to get those few dollars of gas.

those are my 2 oldest. now 14 and 13. I'm grooming the 14 year old to drive a 2nd truck when he gets his license.

(btw, i would have been 20 or 21 in that picture...and YES. I liked my mullet)

Glen

Scan0034.jpg

10. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Ballast is supposed to be behind the rear wheels. Any weight in the back will help but proper ballast acts as a lever using the rear wheels as the pivot point to help take weight off the front. Does local law get on your case about the lights blocking your license plate?

Nice trucks, I like the signs.....simple yet effective!

11. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

LMAO!! I liked mine too! I had hair almost down to my rear up to about a year ago. Got tired of taking an hour to wash it. :rolleyes:
    Good looking truck! :nod:

12. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

Since those first pics were posted, I've removed about 80% of those bricks. I have about 20 of them frozen in place next to the wheel wells...and I keep a snowblower in the bed all the time. So far its been alright.

No, local law has totally left me alone on the lights. I sort of expected trouble, though. I even went through the us/canadian border with them. The border patrol (both US and Canadian) didn't say a word.

Also since the pictures were posted I've filled my quota for the year. I have 10 paying customers. (Which is all I could handle right now, and still show up at my day job on time)

Also...Here's what snow looked like at the begining of December: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=20143

Glen

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  13. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

Yeah, those of us that were in high school during the "hair band" days had great hair.

That picture on the truck was actually SHORT for me. I was such a dork.!

My graduation picture is goofy looking.

14. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I remember in 1982 at the ripe old age of 5, my mom got me the Out Of The Cellar album from Ratt for my birthday. I've listened to nothing but hair bands and metal ever since. :cool: :D

15. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Now THATS a pic I want to see. :D