1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

98 Chevy No DRL's

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cameo89, Nov 30, 2009.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

My truck had drl's when I bought it, but once I installed my plow harness they don't work any more, not even when the plow is off, my green light is on in my dash, but no drl's, any body?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A plow harness install should have had no effect on your DRL operation as a Boss harness has no specific interface with any of the DRL components. They should continue to operate on both the truck and plow as usual.

May have blown the DRL fuse during the install though. Fuse should be labeled "DRL-FOG" and should be fuse 15 if I recall correctly. There's also a DRL relay in the convenience center under the left hand side of the dash. Should be one of the relays in the bottom row toward the bottom. Be sure to take a look at that too.