1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

98 chevy, meyer e60, light wires?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by 7d9_z28, Dec 24, 2010.

1. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

so, i got my plow mounted and and all wired up, except, the lights. it has Meyer by trucklite on top of lights, and has a flat 6 pin connector for the light wires, but thats all i have. is there a harness i can buy? do i have to splice? what wires are for what?

2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

3. JasonRG

JasonRG Junior Member
    from Ohio

I had the same thing with my '96 Sierra a few weeks ago. I emailed Meyer and they provided me a PDF which lists the harness needed (part #07974), and the switch (part #08550). The harness can be expensive though Meyer. I found mine brand new on e-bay for around $35. I couldn't find the switch cheaper so I just ordered it through my local dealer for another $25.

As for the wiring, see the PDF I attached in this thread: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=112537, which shows the harness and it's wires. On the GM trucks, the following are the wires you'll need:

Hi-beam lights: Light Green
    Low-beam lights: Tan
    Marker Lamps (parking lights): Brown
    Right turn: Dark Blue
    Left turn: Light Blue

Hope this helps.

Jason

4. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

It does help! except i cant find the harness anywhere less than 120 bucks. none on ebay right now. they have a full set with new lights harness and switch for around 90 bucks. i was really hoping there was a connector somewhere in the factory harness for these lights ( like a trailer wiring harness)

ill have to keep searching. 120 bucks is a little too much for me just to make a couple lights work!

5. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

6. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

You can do a couple things that won't cost an arm and a leg. 1 is wire the plow lights independantly of the trucks lighting, or you can make your own harness and wire it up the way the manufacterer suggests. Either way it's not hard or expensive. You may have to buy a couple new plugs, switch, and some different colored wire.