1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

98' Chevy Lights

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by WIPensFan, Nov 11, 2013.

1. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I put in some new headlights and roof lamps as well as a new Whelen strobe on my Chevy 98' today. The old headlights were sooo cloudy...and the roof lamps were all cracked where they screwed into the roof. The magnet of my old strobe was rusted into small pieces so I got a better one and Fluid Filmed the truck roof and magnet of this new one.

Cab Lights & Strobe 98'.jpg

Left Headlight 98'.jpg

Right Headlight 98'.jpg

2. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

nice! Where did you buy the head and park lights from?

3. WIPensFan

Found them on Ebay and bought from a company called Direct Automotive Products. 72 bucks for the 8 piece set...top, bottom both sides and the 2 small yellows on each side( which I did not put on as the old ones look fine ). Free shipping too!

4. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

Makes me want to do it to my '96, in fact for a price like that I feel like it's going to be inevitable! Looks good!

5. WIPensFan

Thanks. I tried various methods to try and unfog the old ones but nothing worked. That really is a great price.

6. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Thanks!! I found them on ebay, in the pic it looks like the headlight assemblies come with the mount bracket too??

7. WIPensFan

Yes they do, but I didn't use them.

8. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Thanks for the info! My lights are junk and the mount screws are just spinning in the mount so that would be perfect. Doing fenders and putting a dana 60 under it. Think i'll order a set of those to finish it off right!

Project is on hold now till the spring though. :( But good time to stock up on parts!

9. WIPensFan

No problem, and good luck with the project.