1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

98' 3500HD 4x4 Pricing

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NBI Lawn, Jan 31, 2008.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

2. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

whts the miles on it...looks like a nice truck

3. scitown

scitown Senior Member

It could be a 350 too. The miles are important. What will you be using it for? That is a looong truck. You need to do some craigslist research on that one to see where it falls in pricing around you. That does seem a little high to me and trucks around here are always high. He could be trying to get the full price of the plow and it really doesn't work that way. I bet its a diesel for that price.

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I didn't think they made that model in 4X4. I would phone to make sure it is 4X4. I have a 1999 and I know I couldn't get it in 4X4.

5. wing 97

wing 97 Junior Member
    from ct

There was a 98 3500hd 4x4 454, automatic with a 3 year old mm2 plow on ebay a few weeks ago with only 22,000 miles previously owned by a private school. The 4x4 was not an option from GM but Monroe Truck did the upfit(for about $9000). The truck on ebay had a buy it now price of 22,000, highest bid was 17,200 and did not reach the reserve. I actually wanted to look at the truck but owner never called me back.

6. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

It can't be a 350 3500HD's were only available with a fat block or diesel. Wing97 is right Monroe Truck did 4x4 conversions on them, as for the price it's $2,000-$3,000 high IMO.

7. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

They did offer a 350 at least in the earlier years...or his was switched. My uncles had a one with a 350 for a farm service truck.

8. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

we had a 1999 C3500 2wd service truck and it came with a 350

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  9. scitown

scitown Senior Member

xysport Im pretty sure the chevy malibu would have a 350 in in it if they could kram it under the hood.xysport

10. NICHOLS LANDSCA

I could be wrong but I didn't think you could get a 350 in the 3500HD, 19.5" rims 16,500lb GVW if you could it must have been sloooooowwwwww.

On thing I know for sure is ABES didn't have a K3500 2WD it would have been a C3500. Just had to be right on somethingxysport

11. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

my bad C3500

12. scitown

scitown Senior Member

when I was looking for a truck I did come across a few 5.7 dumps not sure of the year however. I also didn't look under the hoods so who knows if they really were.

13. scitown

scitown Senior Member

14. NICHOLS LANDSCA

The 3500HD was the equivalent to a F450 you could not get a 350 I did a search you could only get a 7.4L "454" or a 6.5L diesel either one was available with a 4l80E auto or 5 speed manual. Right twice in one night I'm on a roll:gunsfiring:

15. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Man, that is sweet! I love it. I don't know much about the pricing but be sure to take into account the value of the equipment already on it.
    I've never seen one with a 350 either, and I've seen a lot of them. I have only seen them with 6.5s but I'm sure 454s were available too. Unusual to see them with nice power options like windows and AC, so that may be a gas/auto, but who knows for sure. Definitely a Munroe or Quigley conversion, GM didn't make them in 4wd. Wish they had cause I'd find one in a crewcab and put a dually bed on it. What an awesome truck.

16. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

I recently bought a 98 reg cab long bed K3500 4x4 with the 454/4L80E with 94,500 miles on it. It didn't have a dump bed or plow on it but I paid $8,745 for it. It needed a few small things fixed. Mostly missing interior pieces. I did have to have some old body work redone on the roof for $750. I probably have about $9,800 in it right now. It seems to have a strong drivetrain in it.

That truck does seem high on price but I don't know what the plow or dump bed is worth. I looked at a lot of OBS 2500 & 3500 trucks before buying this one. I saw prices from my buying price up to $15,000for low mileage 454 OBS 4x4 crewcab duellys. Go on ebay. I saw a few similar trucks like that for a lot less.

Wayne

17. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Just to make a point I saw another 3500 HD with a 350 today! It was a GMC 1994 Bucket Truck my friends shop rebuilt the transmission in it, so that pretty well proves you wrong! The odds there are 2 of them that were switched is unlikely

18. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

You sure it was a HD and not just a 3500 :confused:? It must be really rare, I have searched the internet like crazy and the only one I found that said 5.7 was a misprint. When I called they said it was a 7.4.

19. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

its probobly a 7.4L most people who own a diesel will usually list it on there b/c its a major selling point.

20. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Well, I would dare say that the 350 is by far the most common swapped engine. I've seen them in pretty much everything, most old hot rods, Jeeps, race cars, you name it. Even saw one on a walk-behind snowblower. So it wouldn't surprise me if there were plenty of them swapped into hds. They are more plentiful and cheaper than 6.5s or 7.4s.