1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

!976 Truck Gas Tank Sensor Wires

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Budlightman, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Budlightman

Budlightman Junior Member

4x4 4 all-time 4 speed 1/2 ton long bed single tank! Anyway there two wires one from the dash! Other is ground! Where do they go? I see the stub sticking up, which wire goes there I think the ground? And the other wire goes in to tank somehow? Thank you if you can help!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pink wire is your sender signal wire to the gage. Should have a small hard rubber boot terminal on the end. That end snaps onto the small round nipple on the top of the sender.

Other wire is ground, should be black. Goes from a bolt in the inboard side of the frame rail and would have originally been soldered onto a stud on the sender.

3. Budlightman

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here's a pic showing where the ground would be crimped/soldered to the tank near the sender.

[​IMG]

5. Budlightman

RE2: !976 Truck Gas Tank Sensor Wires

Wow!! Thanks alot! I understand now completely!

6. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Gotta love B&B, if I had half the info stored in my head that he does, It would explode....

Hey B&B, can you clone yourself? I could throw away a bunch of manuals and save alot of time and room...:salute:

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

if you cant get the ground back on easy. take and crimp a terminal to it and then use a small hose clamp and clamp it to one of the hose tubes. i have done this before and it works great.