1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 yukon tranny problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ken119, May 3, 2007.

1. ken119

ken119 Junior Member

My yukon was just rebuilt yet the tranny still shifts hard forn 1 to 2 when it gets hot (after driving about 40 miles or so). I heard the valve body could be leaking internally telling the ECM to push at full line pressure therefore causing the hard upshifts. When it does it if I shut off motor for 2 minutes and start up again it goes away completely (drives normal). Could the throttle position sensor or vehicle speed sensor cause this? The only the bad on it is a O2 sensor on the exhaust. That shouldn't cause it either? Is the valve body spendy? Any input would be appreciated.

2. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

Check the Speed sensor it can defiantly cause this .

3. ken119

ken119 Junior Member

I went to the auto parts store. They said it had 4 speed sensors. 1 in tranny for $20, 1 on side of tranny for $180, 1 on the transfer case for $162, and 1 on the rear end for $180. I'm bringing it back to the parts store, they said they could scan it. maybe they can pinpoint the problem.