1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'97 Western Unimount 6 1/2' From Ranger to S10

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by collegeplow, Nov 23, 2003.

1. collegeplow

collegeplow Junior Member

I am looking to buy a 6 1/2' Western Unimount that is installed on a Ford Ranger. Will the same hardware bolt up to a S10 ?

What does "unimount" mean? Will multiple blades fit the same mount? Or does the mount fit multiple trucks?

2. meyer&western

meyer&western Junior Member
    from 45308

mount

no the mount will not fit ford ranger you will have to get new mount that bokts to truck the unimount system is a good setup unimount means tha you only have the truck mount hanging on all year long the rest come off very easy hook up and comes off just as easy

3. meyer&western

meyer&western Junior Member
    from 45308

sorry

sorry about spelling trying to do four things at a time

4. collegeplow

do you think with some coustom mods i could get the ranger mount to fit my s10?

5. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

yes there are a few mods that will make that mount fit...

scrap steel..

grinder,,,

acetlyne torch..

mig welder/stick welder..

and lots of profanity...:D

i did the same thing ... from a Dakota to my S-10.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2003
  6. collegeplow

thanks everyone. I got some great info/drawing from the western website. seems the ranger mount in particular is probably one of the easiest to modify... i'll have to see how it goes