1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 Tacoma plow questions

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by jasonlwelch, Sep 19, 2006.

1. jasonlwelch

jasonlwelch Junior Member

Hi all,

First off, I know nothing about plows or plowing. I am buying a house with a 450 foot driveway (all straight and flat with space to push on both sides) and that to me spells "get a plow". I have done a few seasons of heavy off-roading in a built jeep, so I understand gearing
    and how NOT to beat the crap out of your vehicle.

I have a 97 Tacoma 4cyl 4x4 that I need to put a plow on. I have been offered an old 6' Meyer that was off a Jeep for $250. I have a stick welder, so I can cut and splice if that helps.

If I were to get the $250 plow, what do I need, and how much should I spend? Is there a do it yourself cheap way? This is only going to be used at our house, I do not expect to go anywhere with the plow. Do I have to get a meyer frame to fit my truck? Or are there generic ones that may fit?

Thanks in advance,
    Jason in NH

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Bad idea

Look for a plow for the tacoma.

Check ebay and the bargain news. Lost of plows for around $800-1000 that will bolt right up and plug right in.

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

$2200 for a mint 6.8" fisher LD off a 03 tacoma. Complete. Should fit right on your truck.

4. Averysdad

Averysdad Member

I've got a Fisher LD complete with mounts I'm thinking about selling. It's in very good shape. And I live in Kittery, Maine. Let me know if you want to make a deal.

brian@brianyurick.com

Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  5. jasonlwelch

jasonlwelch Junior Member

Thanks everyone for the input. Next question......

What years/size tacoma will have the correct pusher plates for my 96 4 Cylinder truck? (I incorrectly wrote 97 in my previous post).

I found a nice setup off of a 2000 tacoma in the next town over, but I am not sure if the pusher plates will fit my truck. -Jason

6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Tacomas were the same in terms of Frame from 95-04