1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 Suburban Old Western Plow

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by 97Suburban, Dec 1, 2008.

1. 97Suburban

97Suburban Junior Member

I am hoping someone can help me out im new to the whole plow thing and well i need ot plow my driveway but dont want ot pay a guy to do it eveyr morning so i have purchased a plow western conventional plow im gonna say its a 7'6" isamatric mark III it has a cable joy stick control and it was sold to me being said that it was mounted on a similar chevy truck but i have odne some research and found the mount that came with it was for a 88 chevy truck i have a 97 GMC k1500 now my question. is there still a way i can mount this plow setup to my suburban? can i just buy the mount bracket for my truck and mount the rest of the hardware to it being the a-frame and lift frame ? does any one know where i could find instructions on how to install this plow to this truck ?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There was no support for the conventional mounts after 1994

3. Your going to need to weld up a support bracket for your frame. I have the same plow. You'll need to find a good welder/fabricator and you'll be golden.

4. 97Suburban

97Suburban Junior Member

by support bracket do u mean soemthing like a cross member ?

5. zimmm

zimmm Junior Member

Should mount to your 97 without too much difficulty. Chevy 1/2 ton truck frames for 88-98 are the same(assuming the 88 truck had the independent front suspension)