1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 Ram 1500 Uni to 09 Ram 2500 mounting. . . .

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by derjr, May 27, 2009.

1. derjr

derjr Junior Member

I currently have a 7'6" Pro Plow on a Uni mount setup on my 97 Ram 1500. Need to replace truck and am thinking about the 09 Ram 2500.

Has anyone tried to move or install this current type of setup yet?

From what I can see on the forum and from other message boards Dodge made some changes but I am not sure if my setup will be able to be moved over. Just do not want to replace the complete plow setup yet.

If my setup will not work and I need to change to newer unit is anyone interested in a complete Uni Mount setup for a 97-99 Dodge Ram1500 - wiring harness, joystick (shifter mounted) & undercarriage.

Contact me soon.
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You can put the uni on the 09 but your still going to have to buy a new mount and a ultra to uni conversion kit, new harness kit and new headlights. So i would definatley look at upgrading to a new plow to go along with the new truck and sell everything you have on the 97 as a complete set.