1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 Powerstroke block heater

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by cbeard, Jan 16, 2009.

1. cbeard

cbeard Member

I just bought a 97 F-350 Powerstroke. It has 75,600 miles on it and the previous owner said he had never seen the block heater on this truck. Where do I start to find the heater wiring and plug?
    Thanks in advance
    Chris

2. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

They weren't normally put on them but were available as an option. What stroker is it? I can get you a good deal.

3. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

if it did have a plug in typically they are on the drivers side of the block toward the rear near the trans

4. Nailit1954

Nailit1954 Senior Member
    from ma.

block heater

I have a 97 f 350 psd. that i bought new. Get down under the motor and really look for a wire with a plug taped up to the frame etc.on drivers side! It took me some time to find mine.

5. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

I found mine near the driver's side battery.

6. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

I know on a newer super duty mine didn't have the plug but the heater was installed. I just bought the plug off ebay and hooked it up. It was less than $20

7. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

The actual heating element is stock in your pass. side freeze plug . . It's up to you to get one on e-bay or the dealer for 20.00 .

BIG DIFFERENCE when starting in low temps . BIG DIFFprsport

8. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I have a 97 F350 that I bought new. It came with a heater and plug which sometimes falls down inside during the summer. Try looking inside between the grill and radiator on the driver side w/ a flashlight, it can be a bit hard to find because the cord isn't all that long. You might have to feel around a bit...but I'll bet that you have one.

9. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Like I said , Your heating element will begin at the pass. side freeze plug by your starter . .

You can trace it from there .

10. hangnail

hangnail Junior Member

look on the drivers side up near the frame rails and the bumper mount, mine was tucked up there. i have a 97 also

11. cbeard

cbeard Member

I like to thank everyone for their help. I found the block heater last night when I got the truck inside out of the cold. There was a plug next to the oil filter and ran on the driverside frame rail. The cord was zip tied under the headlight. I used it last night to see if it worked. Man what a difference it makes.