1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 Jeep Wrangler PushFrame mount

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tom97Wrangler, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Tom97Wrangler

Tom97Wrangler Junior Member
    from Pa

Hi, NewBie Here.. Thinking of using steel channel where my bumper mounts and then adding another channel under that to weld on my plow mount ears. I'll support to the third hole for twist. I don't like the standard pushframe cause of the money and also it seems like my steering box will be in the way.
    What do you guys think?

2. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

97 TJ Mount

here is a pic of the mount I made for my 97 TJ

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  3. Tom97Wrangler

from Pa

97 Wrangler

That looks a lot like I have in mind. I'll probably go with 2 pieces of channel interlocked. The height of the ears is just checked by holding the plow level, right? Thanks. TT

4. brunosplace

Yes, set it up so the a-frame and sector are level. Make sure you have bracing on it so that all of the force isn't right on the frame ends. As you can see in my pic I made braces to go up behind the power steering gear.

5. Tom97Wrangler

from Pa

I'm going for it..

Thanks, so much...
    I think I'm going for it. Hey, by the way... I also built a swing box on the back for storage and my doors and windows. What else have you built for it. I'll go and take a pic of my box for you. Remote starters are easy for it, too. And I'm in the process of a self start at the end of the day since I'm on a vanpool. TT

6. brunosplace

working on a salt spreader setup for it now. no other mods yet except for trans cooler, trans temp gauge,pusher fan, and my rotary beacon light post. :)

7. Tom97Wrangler

from Pa

Pics

Hi, I see you're on. I'm looking for the wire to include my pics. Be with you shortly. TT

8. brunosplace

Here are a couple pics of the light post.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  9. Tom97Wrangler

from Pa

Pics

Trying to include my pic.

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

10. Tom97Wrangler

from Pa

Cool light post!!

In addition to the box I put in one store bought sub and then made another so that I'm pushing 2 - 8" woofers in the back. I put a plastic cover over the back so that they are not accessible to steal. Also, I put a 1000 watt legacy amp under the front seat. That took me 1-1/2 days to install.
    If you want more details on the cover, let me know. TT

11. brunosplace

I occasionally take out my back seat, but I have to be able to put it back in since I do have a daughter who likes to ride along, and have another on the way. So I only take it out if she's not going to be with me.

12. Tom97Wrangler

from Pa

Air Bags

Bruno, how do you like your airbags? I was nervous about them so I used coilovers in the front and in the back I went with the 1-1/2" spacers to compensate for the box and then put air shocks on the back. That seemed to work out. TT

13. Tom97Wrangler

from Pa

Salt Spreader

How's that salt spreader mount working out for you? Are you going to center mount it or put it on the side. I think a receiver hitch might do the trick for that. TT

14. brunosplace

They have been great so far, only had them in for about a month or so. They do keep it from sagging under the plows weight. No leaks, just be careful when running the air lines for them so they dont get rubbed through or pinched off. :nono:

As for the spreader, I'm still building it's mount. It's going to be a swing away setup so I still have access to my tailgate.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  15. Tom97Wrangler

from Pa

Gotta run... been great.

Thanks for all your support. I'll check back later on.. Gotta run errands. TT

16. Tom97Wrangler

from Pa

Putting in my swing pics.

Coming as soon as I figure it out.

17. Tom97Wrangler

from Pa

Finally... swing pics

Here is my swingarm.

DSC00088.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

18. brunosplace

Somewhat the same idea, but mine has to support a substantial amout of weight. So I am building a new bumper, and having the swingarm mounted on top of it, using a trailer axle stub and hub with bearings for the pivot point.