1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 Jeep Wrangler Plow set-up.

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Stanwrangler, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Stanwrangler

Stanwrangler Junior Member
    from MA

Hi New to the forums recently got a 97 jeep wrangler, 6 cylinder, 5 speed. Im looking for a good plow set-up for the winter I've seen the Plow way plows and aren't a fan of them so Im looking for either a Meyer setup or a Fisher minute mount setup. Ill be doing mainly tight parking lots and condos along with my own driveway. Now what size plow is good for a Wrangler?... Also how much will it run me roughly for a plow setup?

thanks in advance Mike.

2. micklock

micklock Senior Member

3. redoak

redoak Junior Member

I also have a '97 Wrangler 4.0, 5 spd. I have a Hiniker 7' poly blade plow. Works great and the weight (449 lbs.) is just under the owner's manual weight limit recomendation.

4. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

I run a 7'6" snoway MT with downpressure. Snoway is the only manufacturer that has the downpressure and it adds another 150lbs of pressure on the blade, as well as pushes down on the rear wheels for traction. No matter what plow you decide on, invest in a set of AirLift #80702 airbags for the front coils. They will help save your springs and keep you from riding around on the bump stops. They are pretty cheap and work great....

5. samedaysnow

samedaysnow Junior Member
    from Montana

I have 6 of these bolts (it's a long story) if anyone needs them for an install. They jeep frame specific. Part number 96100623 as shown on the snoway install manual at

http://www.snoway.com/service/Subframes/97100518b.pdf

It's my understanding that snoway no longer manufactures them so I thought I should post here in case someone can give them a second life.

my email is samedaysnow@aol.com

6. Nbros

Nbros Junior Member
    from MA

HI Stan Wrangler. I have a two season old plow. Its a meyer drive pro plow 6'8" its the minute mount style plow. Its in excellent condition. I'm selling my 2007 jeep wrangler. $2,400.00 Its located in MA 617 908 3257

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  7. Stanwrangler

Stanwrangler Junior Member
    from MA

any pics? and will it fit?

8. cj5

cj5 Junior Member

Isn't 2007 the cut over year for the newer style Wrangler? Meaning that a 2007 mount probably won't fit on the 1997 Wrangler.

9. samedaysnow

from Montana

These bolts have been sold and I no longer have them

10. tsut

tsut Member
    from NE Ohio

Love my Snowdogg MD68 (6'8") on my stock 2000 Wrangler. 3rd season with it. Probably will do the air shocks, as I have ~1-2" sag when plow is mounted.

Use it for driveway(s).

Tom

11. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

Hey I know of a western 6.5 set up in ct, for like 900 or something. Its what I run and its been great. Ill find the link for ya if you want.

12. Nielubie

Nielubie Junior Member

2007 mount won't fit. I looked at getting my 2006 mount on 2013 JK and you need a different mount, running around $400 plus i believe the wiring harness won't work.

I picked up my Meyer 6'8" for $2100 installed from a guy on Craigslist. Its a great plow. You get much better deals buying plows in the summer.

13. samedaysnow

from Montana

If you need a set of these bolts please email me at samedaysnow@aol.com They are used in the frame of the Jeep to install the plow mount. I found an old set cleaning out my garage, they are rusty but it's just on the surface. If I can figure out how to I will post a picture of them.

14. samedaysnow

from Montana

I have 2 bolts I found recently in my garage, email me for a picture or questions.