1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 GMC 1/2 ton

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Ron M, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Ron M

Ron M Junior Member

well Been looking at a 97 GMC 1/2 ton to start out with pritty much all i can afored well truck pritty nice. the plow is a minutemount with full hydro <not electric over hydro> well my quiston is would this be a good plow for a year or 2 looking to do 10 to20 residential drive ways
  2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i personally would rather have at least a 3/4 ton, however , since ur doing drive ways, that will work just fine

im kinda suprised that somene spent the money for a full hydro system, on a 1/2 ton truck
  3. Ron M

Ron M Junior Member

yes 3/4 ton would be better but i can barly aforred this one, will let you know if i get it and post pic
  4. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

my dad has 1/2 ton chevy, 96, with a 7.5ft plow, he plows about 10 residential.

this passed winter was the first season plowing with the chevy and it worked good.

How big is the plow?
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Any truck will do. You can have a 1 ton but if your don't know how to plow you might as well just use a shovel it, would be faster.:rolleyes:
  6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

i second the dido on full hydraulic's they are the best !:drinkup:
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

If you can barely afford the truck.....what about insurance and the costs of spare parts?
    Alot more then the cost of the truck and plow to consider.
  8. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

that will work fine...i have a 99 chevy 1/2 ton and im going into my 3rd season with this truck...a guy i plow with has a 96' blazer with the same set up i have 7'6'' western unimount and he has been plow since 97 with it and its still running strong...his every day driver
  9. Ron M

Ron M Junior Member

The plow is a 7.5 fisher, and i can plow just fine
  10. Ron M

Ron M Junior Member

I Have That Covered What I Ment By All I Can Afored Is This Is What I Have Save For A Truck And I Have Income Coming In Thourgh My Lawn Care Bus, To Pay For Insr And Part You See I Not The Type To Get A 30 K Truck And Have 300k On It And Still Owe 10 K On It Ya Its New Butt Not For Me I All So Dont Think You Should Worrie Aboude Other Pep Insr And Worrie About Questong At Hand I Was Asking About The Plow Not Inser I Wont To Thank The People That Replyed My Question I Asked Thank You I Also Pay My Taxes And Have Inser If You Wont To Know. This Will Be The Last Post I Make Due To People Being Neg Thank Alot Bye