1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 ford f 150

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by insnow4fun, Jan 12, 2005.

1. insnow4fun

insnow4fun Member
    from Indiana

from reading this site for about 2 years now, i know i am gonna get bashed. i know a 1/2 ton isn't the best truck to do plowing with, but it is what i have a chance to get. the truck has the 4.6 L v-8 and the 6000 lb gvwr (3400 front, 3200 rear, don't know why they total more than 6000).

if all of you 1/2 ton plowers had this truck, what would you put on it, and what would you add to it (ie timbrens, airbags, etc). i have figured out, 7'6 straight is the max, i guess i am asking for advice on poly, steel or lexan.

any additional advice or discussion points would be helpful too. i only plan to do a couple of small lots (ie manufacturing facilities and maybe some residential) would also like to do some subbing (if one needed a 1/2 tonner to do some small lots). am i out of line?

thanks, and hey, you 3/4 tonners, keep the bashing to a minimum, please...lol

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i know lots of people who use half tons with 7.5 fishers i wouldnt waste my money on a lexan plow

3. snowservices

snowservices Junior Member

I have a 98 F-150, with a Steel SnowWay ( I believe the current model is the MT).

I have had it 5 years and do 30 residential driveways per storm.

Very happy with plow and truck performance

4. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

I have an 02 ext. cab short bed and I'm running a Fisher 7'6" RD mm1.
    Plows with the best of them. No complaints or regrets here