1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 fisher mm to a ford hd250 03

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by loudford, Jan 25, 2005.

1. loudford

loudford Junior Member
    from MA

Hi all,

Just wondering if there are any setup issues with installing a 97 fisher mm 7'6" to a 03 f250hd? The plow is on an 86 chvy blazer & i'm looking to transfer it to my f250.

Thanks for any help.

Lou

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you would need a diffrent mounting carton

3. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

To answer your question. You need to get the following items for your Ford:
    - Push Plates (for the year and make)
    - Hardware Kit (From Fisher)
    - Wiring & Control Harnesses (for the year & make)
    - Hydrualic pump brackets & Pullies (only if the pump is located under the hood)
    You can find everything you need for part numbers at the Fisher Website
    www.fisherplows.com
    As for putting a 7'6" on a F250, in my mind that is a waste of time. The F250 has a wider track than you 86 Chevy Blazer. When you fully angle the plow to right or left, your wheels on the side to which the plow is angles to will be outside of the plow and it will be in the snow, not inside the plow blade. When the wheels are outside of the plow blade, the truck tends to want to slide sideways. A freind of mine did the same thing by putting a 7'6" on a F250 and he was pretty upset that it did not plow as well when he had it on his F150. I am not telling you not to put it on, but if you go through all of the time and money to swap it over and it does not plow as well you thought, you might be upset. Just my professional thoughts.

4. loudford

loudford Junior Member
    from MA

thank you for the info i will definitely look into all of it.

good point on the plow length but it's not a fulltime project just for a small lot and maybe some side work nothing serious.

Question though, what is a ball park number for those parts? less the pump parts, it is located outside on the plow itself.

5. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Your best bet is to find a Fisher Dealer and tell them what you have. As for the prices you might be looking to spend alot of than what you plow is really worth.