1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 f350 7.3

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by CAT 245ME, Jan 11, 2013.

1. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Came across this nice 97 F350 for sale, figured some body here may find it interesting seeing that most would love to find one in solid shape. Not sure if the price is too high or not.

http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/3524420506.html

2. ygim

ygim Member

Thats a sweet looking rig

3. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Wow thats really clean. Thats my favorite bodystyle Ford ever produced.

4. ygim

ygim Member

That should sell no problem.

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Looks like a repaint? Rare to see them without rust unless its been done over. A nice truck.

6. CAT 245ME

Especially where the truck is in the rust belt, unless it was a southern truck. Although I did know a fella with a 97 F350 7.3 that was in very nice shape, garage kept never plowed.

As for the $8900 price tag, you gotta figure the plow is worth around $1000 to 1200, looks like it could be a belt drive setup. So you would be looking at least $7500 for the truck, does this seam to high even though it's a diesel, knowing the mileage would be a big help.

7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

thats a good price for a clean 97

8. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Think the price is about right depending on miles. Would have to bring the magnet for bondo check. Do they use salt up there?

9. CAT 245ME

Oh yes, they use salt and lots of it. I'm not a Ford man, but if still for sale in the spring I just might take a look at it. Who knows if the body has any fill. We had at work a 96 F350 2wd crew cab that the company bought new, never seen salt as it was always parked for the winter months. The body was nice, not beat up, my employer sold it last spring for $250 because it wouldn't start (fuel pump most likely).

10. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

thats a good lookin truck. If the mileage is low then it is worth all the money. As for the rust, my old 97 that I sold to a friend of mine is just starting to show bubbles above the rear wheels, and this was a plow/salt truck for 3-4 years before being retired to just plowing his own yard

11. WhitePlowr

WhitePlowr Senior Member

love that truck :)

12. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

agreed. I have 12 of these trucks lol. Well varied between 92-97 the years of this body style. All but 2 are F250s or F350s, I got 2 F150s of this style.