1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 F350 460ci w/ plow-dump-sander etc $$$$

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Deershack, May 27, 2010.

1. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

Wish I knew how to post a link. I found the F-350 XT on Craigslist's. It's a 97 with 88,000 miles, 9'6" Western plow (poor shape), 460 ci engine, 4.10 rear end, full size cross body box behind cab and in front of dump body, UTG spreader and material cover (poor shape) and 10,000K hitch. All of the equpment is hydraulic. According to Ford Motor Co. the plow, sander, tool box, material cover and beacon are all after market applications installed perhaps by the original dealer in Mich. That dealer is out of business, so it's a dead end trying to find out what the extras are worth from that source.

I'm talking to my credit union and need to know what the truck is worth as equiped. Unit appears to be well maintained and serviced. Present owner is a construction co that does a lot of conc. tear outs and this unit is too small for their needs to haul large loads. They are looking for a SA or larger in the 6-8 yd range. They have not used the plow in the last two years due to not having any accounts large enough to make use of it and I think because it needs work. They did use the sander all of last season. I wont be using the plow either, at least for now. I only do sanding/salting. I use my L-8000 for salt and want to use this truck to spread sand salt for those who will not take straight salt.

Anyone have a good educated estimate on what this unit is worth, Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.