1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 f250 plow fit 02 f350?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by orangebike, Jun 2, 2012.

1. orangebike

orangebike Junior Member

Hi guys. My Dad is getting a 97 F-250 and the guy will inlcude the plow and frame for an additional 1000 bucks. Electric lift plow (what seller said). Seems like a good price but will this fit my 02 F-350. I know the plow will be a bit short but for the frame and all, will that stuff work? I might be able to find a longer plow or add length to this one. I am pretty handy and have a full up welding shop (all processes, plasma and oxy-ace) but don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't need to. Or if it is a dumb idea to.
    Is there a website that has a conversion/ fitment guide.
    Don't know if the 97 is an HD but it has a 7.3 so I figure it is. Will find out.
  2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

will it bolt on? no. but if you have welding equipment and fabrication skills you can make it fit.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Meyer offers this guide http://www.meyerproducts.com/eztransfer.aspx?em=-1 for transferring their plows.

What make plow is it?

If you decide to DIY the mount find the manufacture's install instructions to use as a guide and for critical dimensions.
  4. orangebike

orangebike Junior Member

sounds good. It is a Meyer so I was hoping it would work. Thanks.