1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 f-150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by woodsman, Nov 19, 2008.

1. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

Hello everyone i am new here and need some info. I have a 97 F-150 4x4 with a 5 speed short box (stepside). Can i put a plow on this truck as it is or do i need to modify it. I have a 88 K5 blazer i use now for my 1400 ft gravel drive but its not getting any younger. The road is fairly steep coming up and whinds around a few trees.
    Thanks Jim

Truck in question below

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

TTT

nobody???

3. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

yes check the sno way site they have a model 26 that would work

4. padec21

padec21 Member
    from ct

wodsman,
    I had that same truck I just traded it in. I have a Superchips 2 program computer chip for it if your interested. it just plugs into the existing trucks computer. It has 2 programs 1 for performance and 1 for towing. there is a toggle switch that switches back and forth. I paid almost $400 for it new. I will sell it for $150 if your interested. The chip gives you firmer shift points etc. just out their website. Superchips.com.
    let me know.
    padec21@att.net.

5. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

You can plow with that but it will never be as tough as the K5

6. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

Thanks to all i appreciate your responses. I agree the K5 is a tough beast and continues to do the job, i have MT's tires with studs and a meyers plow on it, bought it 4 years ago for 400 bucks (needed a flywheel). Its been great ever since. My F-150 is a 5 speed with over 250,000 miles on it so super chips are not needed also it is a 5 speed manual. I have a new F-150 and was going to put a plow on the 97 F-150 as a backup. We got another
    6+ inches of snow today and now are over 60" for the season so far.

pics below

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]