1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 dodge ram 1500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by rockstate, Sep 28, 2004.

1. rockstate

rockstate Junior Member

I have a 97 dodge ram 1500 4x4 wiht the 5.9 and i am looking to buy a plow for this winter i will be doing about 30 residentials and 5 parking lots what would you guys reccomend for this specific truck and about how much will i be looking at spending? Thanks a lot

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

any of the three major brands 7.5 at the most is the size i would go with

3. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

I'd Recomend a Bigger Truck For that Work Load, but if thats out of the question I gotta Recomend Fisher

4. danno

danno Senior Member

I`m new to this site and using a plow. I just bought a 96 1500 with a 5.9, and picked up a 7 1/2 Fisher MM. It`s got the plow prep from the dealer when new,but when hooked with the plow, it brings the nose right down. So, I`m putting Timbrens on the front.

5. Stark_Enterprises

A 1500 Most Defintly Dose Not Come with a type of plow prep package, and Dodge Dose not recommend plows on 1/2 tons ,but o well good luck

6. danno

danno Senior Member

Sorry to disagree with you DODGE PLOW KING, but at least in 96, there was a "Snow Prep Package" that was offered. It consists of "Extra Heavy Duty Front Suspension, and Transmission Overheat Warning Light." I recently bought this truck and I have the original window sticker from it. It cost 83.00 back then.

7. Stark_Enterprises

Well if you Say so DANNO. I applogize for specualting, but I know they have not been putting a prep pack on a 1/2 tons for a few years now, They prolly learned that it was a bad idea! Oh and Make sure you pay attention to that Warning Lamp!! Dodge And Tranny problems go together like ketchup and a hotdog!