1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 Dodge Diesel 4X4 Stake Dump w/ Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Snaaar, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Snaaar

Snaaar Member

White. 5 speed manual. 120,000 miles more or less. Daily runner. Bed was put on new in summer 2008. Plow is a 9' Hiniker, about a 2001 model. Also a Meyers tailgate spreader is included, but we haven't mounted it to this new bed yet - it mounts into the 2" receiver but we haven't adapted it to the new bed yet. Permanent strobe on cab roof. Loud backup alarm.

The truck is inspected and the only defect I know of is the fuel shut-off solenoid is missing - we've been stalling in 5th gear to shut down the engine. I'm told you can buy the solenoid from some place in Texas for $200 - if you need more info just ask. I think the clutch was replaced not too long ago, have to check. Also the front tires were replaced last month.

I am thinking around $12,000. That may be high or low - I just need to move this truck quick. Can't post pics till tomorrow. If someone grabs it I won't have to list on ebay etc.

2. Snaaar

Snaaar Member

Other details: Rubber floor covering, not carpet. Manual windows and locks (never had problems like my other '97 with power did). The dump mechanism is electric - the control is leashed so you can stand to the side of the truck is you please.