1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 cheyenne question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cameron2171, Mar 9, 2010.

1. cameron2171

cameron2171 Senior Member

ok so i have a 97 chevy cheyenne 2500 and i was wondering if it is possible to put a silverado grille on it i was wondering if it would fit because they look like 10 times better
  2. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I would say so, you may need a different radiator support for the dual headlights but LMC truck list's the same rad support for both headlight style for the 96-98 5.7L,6.5L & 7.4L so you should be fine. You will need the headlight wiring harness, headlight ammebly & braket and also the grille of course.

You'll want to find all the parts at a junk yard, buying some of this stuff from GM will scare you. My cousin went to two GM dealers last spring for a headlight harness for his 97 1500 Chev and found out that it cost over $1,500 for it. He went to a different GM dealer and was told the same.
  3. cameron2171

oh i see thanks, yea i already priced out the grille at p and l auto parts 100 bucks but im not sure if that includes the headlights and i have seen it in lmc but i lost the catalog
  4. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

You can look at all of lmc's stuff on there website if you dont have the catalog.
  5. cameron2171

sweet il go look
  6. cameron2171

i just reordered the catalog probly not gona get a grille out of there but atleast i can get ideas for my truck out of there and i have a store up by me that i can get used parts like that for cheap