1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 chevy pump mount??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dsweld, Dec 29, 2013.

1. dsweld

dsweld Junior Member

new here ive mounted a few pumps and plows. my neighbor got a 97 chevy with the ac pump on the drivers side and the pump is an old v-belt driven fisher I think..i don't know where to mount it without takin the ac pump off. has anyone got any pics or know what to do? thanks
  2. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

I had a 94 that had that style pump but the truck had NO a/c. It was mounted exactly where the a/c compressor would have been. Check out fishers web site I think in the archives the have the Mannuels and should have that one with a diagram. If it dosent work maybe cap the lines and take off the a/c compressor for the winter ?? Is that even possible ?? Probaly not worth it if that's the case
  3. dsweld

dsweld Junior Member

maybe but you are right its not worth it. i think we are just going to look for a electric pump.
  4. 99transam

99transam Junior Member
    from MA

I have a 97 chevy with a/c and the pump and reservoir are mounted on the passenger side. The lines run across the front to the drivers side where the valve body is mounted.
  5. dsweld

dsweld Junior Member

do you think you can take a picture for me.i understand what you are saying but without seeing it its hard to know what im tryin to do thanks for the replyThumbs Up