1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 chevy passenger side low beam issue

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by s.moseley, Dec 14, 2010.

1. s.moseley

s.moseley Junior Member

Just purchased a new western hts plow for my 1997 chevy classic ext cab short box truck. All bolted up great and the harness plugged up fine.My problem is that with the plow off my trucks lights "h3-h4"work the way they are suppost to.When I attach the plow, the low beam on the passenger side does not work,drivers side low beam works and high beam works on both sides.When I key the ignition to on but haven't started the engine the truck low beams come on and once the truck is started the truck lights go off and the plow lights come on except the passenger side.The truck has full power DRL's.any help is greatly appreciated.I'm thinking that i'm missing an adapter harness or something.Thank you

2. s.moseley

s.moseley Junior Member

As an update I have replaced the 3 port module and the A harness that goes from the a port to the plow.no change.I have the other harness that plugs into the stock headlight harnesses and goes to theto ports B and C will be swapping that out tomarrow.If anybody has any ideas please pipe in

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

This is nothing more then a classic configuration issue as Twinman is saying. Don't bother replacing components, just follow the instructions.

5. s.moseley

s.moseley Junior Member

Thanks for the help guys and sorry for not responding back"pc got fried".did as you suggested and all is now fine.

6. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Glad we can help.Happy holidays, and safe plowing