1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 Chevy K3500 4x4 Would you be scared?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by elecblu, Jan 19, 2011.

1. elecblu

elecblu Member

2. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

ad removed

3. elecblu

elecblu Member

1997 chevy 3500 one ton single wheel reg cab truck. Overall the truck is in good shape a bit of surface rust below drivers door. tires are 50 percent or better, interior is is decent shape could use a new drivers door pannel its cracked were your arm would sit. The truck has 225000 miles and runs and shifts good does leak some fluids but for the milage its not bad. recently put a new drivers side wheel bearing on it. Four wheel dirvie works great. Call craig at nine three seven 638 0073. Asking 2500 obo or trade for 98 up s10 sonoma.

4. elecblu

elecblu Member

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

What are you looking to do with it? Daily drive it, plow with it?

It looks good in the pictures. What motor? Any maintenance log, receipts, etc? Rust (rocker panels, cab corners, and bottoms of the doors are common)

If it looks good in person, mechanically is sound and everything else checks out. I wouldn't be afraid of it. Put a little work into it if you want, put a blade on it and go.

I see you have 2 other obs chevys in your sig. Their great trucks, low maintenance and tough. I had one (98 K1500) before my dmax, I'd buy another without much worry.

6. elecblu

elecblu Member

Looking to put a blade on it. I do alot of wood hauling, and was thinking the 3500 would be a better fit. Actually replacing one of the 98's as it was sold back at Thanksgiving time,but kept everything associated with the plow. I need to update the sig, Truck is solid. Just paint peeling from bottom of the drivers door, but the inner seem is not rusted. Claims to be rear main leaking, and hydro boost for the brakes. But she drives nice. 5.7 engine w/ automatic. All power interior w/ bedliner. You think the price is in line?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Without using KBB or NADA I'd say the price is reasonable for the condition and milage.

I'd say it should work well for what your wanting to do with it. Unless the rear main leaks terribly and looses oil as fast as you can pour it back in the motor.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I think I would have these issues addressed first or atleast looked ar before I buy it.