1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 chevy 3500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by albhb3, Oct 24, 2010.

1. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

Hey guys just wondering if any of you know why you cant put a plow on that year of chevy in a CC LB 7.4. Thanks may have found a killer deal on one thats why I am asking

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Who said you can't? I am guessing the dealer is telling you that because the front axle isn't rated heavy enough or something. I would say go for it!

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Between the crew cab, long bed, and big block, there isn't much capacity left on that axle. That's of course assuming you follow the rules.

9-2 VXT should be just about right.

4. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

Well i was kinda just looking it over on the online under the plow selectors on the various sites. I found one in great shape no rust and under 45000 miles, almost in mint cond we all know how much alaska boss swears by them and at least wouldnt have to worry about a warrenty