1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

97 7.3L powerstroke issue

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Ziob34, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

97 7.3L powerstroke started having an issue where when it first starts and you go to give it gas it will go but then bog out and want to stall you'll have to let off the gas and let it pick its idle back up. does this for a while until it gets warmed up so when you first start off its give it gas then let off give it gas let off. Will go if you really floor it but if your just trying to go normal at around 1.5 to 2 grand on the rpms it will just bog out and stall if you don't let off.

any ideas? fuel filter has been replaced. maybe fuel water seperator is clogged?

2. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

There is a fuel drain in the fuel filter housing. Little yellow lever at the base of the housing. When's the last time you drained it? Water can build up there. Lever turns one way to open it, the other to close it.

Also, try these two websites, wealth of information there on PSD diesels:

www.-ford-trucks.com

www.dieselstop.com

3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

why are you giving your diesel gas?

4. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

it makes it run better i alway give my diesel trucks gas....sometimes if i'm out i just use milk from the fridge

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I see with the current economic situation we have a lot of unemployed comediens:D

6. Ziob34

Ziob34 Senior Member

your spot on on that one the economy is in teh toilet.....luckily i can afford whole milk to run the truck with it won't run on that skim milk crap